Sunday, December 2, 2007

freezing temperatures and in the woods

Yes, freezing yesterday and again today. Yesterday was the worst because it was about ten degrees with a wind chill of minus ten or so. What's a few degrees more or less when outside? Yesterday our little bulldozer was delivered, it's been in the shop being worked on all summer. I love playing with it, even though it's not a toy, and of course my fifteen year old couldn't wait to get his hands on it, now that it's all fixed up and running wonderfully. So after playing with it in the bitter cold we finally put it in the barn, then delivered two face cord of firewood. My son's little business is selling firewood, one of his businesses, and since he can't yet drive, Mom gets to do that chore. I stopped selling firewood when I was four months pregnant with him, since I was getting pains and I'm thinking, what am I, a moron to be doing this when I'm pregnant! So here I am fifteen years and some months later doing the same thing at now, 50 years of age. So I'm thinking, what am I, a moron? Lol. My son just loves all this outside work stuff and I get roped along for the ride. So we delivered the wood yesterday, which is two loads, then went into the woods for an hour and half so he could cut up some fallen trees on our property. Again, it's somewehere you go with the truck, too far to cart the chainsaw et al by hand. He was going to go on his four wheeler, but he would have to go up, over and down a small mountain to get there since he can't go on the road with the four wheeler. I don't want him going in the woods alone with a chain saw, especially during hunting season, so Mom got to drive again. Actually, I haven't done this in a long time but I enjoyed it. I certainly got a work out and moved enough that I wasn't cold in the frigid weather.

Today we went back into the woods and picked up and loaded into the truck what he cut yesterday. We had a full pickup load, probably a full cord, so that will keep the little 5foot 9 inch bugger busy for awhile. I should sleep well tonight, fresh cold air and all that. I'm sure my body will be protesting tomorrow.

I went to town and picked up some drawing pads for watercolors. I've suddenly got the itch to do some painting. So that will be my project this week.

Dating: Hmm, the guy I went out with on Monday, and emailed a few times after that, casual emails, has not yet picked up the phone. I initiated the contact, so I figure the ball is in his court. I learned the hard way, I chases after no man. Let him show some interest.

No comments: