Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A very unusual afternoon

I had a pretty interesting and unusual afternoon and evening. I arrived home after picking my youngest up at school, to find a stranger at my kitchen table with her laptop, talking to my 21 year old. I at first just assumed it was a friend of my son's, then realized it was a woman my age, laughing about how she'd more or less made herself welcome in my home. This was the beginning of quite an interesting day, and it began at 3:30 p.m. Apparently a friend of mine saw this woman, Marzena (prounounced marj - on - a) walking up my road with a laptop computer. She was looking for a place that had internet access since her landlord had not paid the cable bill and she was therefore without internet. Since the closest place is about three miles and up a big hill, my friend told her to stop at my house and ask me. So I arrived to find her ensconced at my kitchen table with an apple laptop. As soon as I came into the room I intuitively felt her warmth and openess. After talking with Marzena for some time (I drove her home at 7:45 p.m) I discovered we have quite a few things in common. We are both very much into holistic/alternative medicine. She is a healer, an intuitive, a painter, writer and designer. There the similarities end. She is a European Countess who can trace her family back aeons and aeons in European history. I totally believed everything she told me, but it was still kind of mind boggling, that this warm, compassionate woman came from such a background and was so down to earth. She has been a ballet dancer, NY socialite, fashion designer, actress, and rubbed elbows with the most rich and famous imaginable, and yet has fallen on hard times of late and she is still so cheerful and from what I can glean an incredible human being. To satisfy my own critical/questioning nature, I did google her. I found pictures, stories and it is all there in black and white. She can really talk too, but it was just a flow of ideas and backgrounds we exchanged so naturally over the time she visited. It's incredible to suddenly make new friends in such a fashion, but it has happened to me three times in the month of November. I made two fast friends with other writers while on vacation, and now Marzena. I feel incredibly lucky and blessed, and feel just an incredible new piece of my life coming together. Today, I also finished the last edits on A Journey Well Taken. I have gone through it the last time before sending it to the company to be formatted for the printer. I am finally satisfied with the story it tells and the way it is told. It feels complete. Now I'm going to imagine a well of prosperity opening up so the money arrives for each new step in this phase of publishing. I can hardly wait.

No comments: