Monday, December 3, 2007

The gym and staying in shape




I usually hit the gym every day, this time of year. It gets the heart pumping while the wind howls outside and the temperatures drop. School was on a two hour delay this morning because of the ice and sleet that pelted the house all night. The driveway was a sheet of ice and my fifteen year old slid all the way down to the road where the bus waited. Of course it would have been easier if he had walked down the grass, but you know how boys are...




Being at the gym also gives me time to think and go over my action plan for the day, whether it's writing or otherwise. I had such an urge to paint tonight and I completed two different type pictures in watercolors. One is an angel in a fantasy setting of jewel tones, pinks and blues and yellows. I just love it... The second one is a woman with a serene face, exuding love in the form of two doves. Due to their large size I have included only a partial scan of both.




I was driving home tonight from picking up my son and an owl flew right across the car window. It was amazing and beautiful. I've had this happen a few times before, and to say it's startling at best is an understatement. But I love seeing birds of prey, they represent to me a form of good luck. Owls, red-tailed hawks, peregrine falcons, eagles....I just love seeing them.

No comments: