Sunday, December 30, 2007

A day at the museum

Had a wonderful day in Albany, met up with an old writing buddy I haven't seen in a year and we went to the NYS Museum at the Cultural Education Center. It's kind of interesting finding this place in downtown Albany, since it doesn't really have a physical address, just CEC on Madison or Empire State. They actually have their own zipcode for the building. How weird is that?

This is the first time I was in this museum in this location. I do believe some of the exhibits may have come from the old NYS museum when it used to be on Washington Street across from the Albany Capitol Building. I'm talking 30 plus years. Zeesh. But it was really nice, they had a bronze exhibit and I love the mythology statues. Makes me again think about taking a class in sculpting, something I've always wanted to do. I've also looked at taking watercolor class, that would be so much fun, and they're offering it at the local college, four Friday afternoons. So many possibilities, so little time!

Another exhibit was the NYC 9/11 exhibit. Very sad, really chokes you up to see everything bent charred, destroyed. So many stories, so very, very sad.

No comments: