Saturday, December 29, 2007

Today, it was gorgeous, how cool is that?

For winter, it was a stupendous day. Sunny, brilliant sun on the bits and pieces of snow still left, in between the mud, that is. The temperature was moderate, a good excuse to get outside and trim down the dead morning glory carcasses on my trellis, and the old vining clematis that I never trimmed down this year. Time got away from me. On the house with all the wind, three pieces of shingle took flight from the ridge vent at the top of the roof. I had called the guy who usually fixes that stuff for me, but with the holidays and family stuff, he wasn't sure when he'd get here. It rained all last night so I was worried about leakage. So I assessed the damage and fixed it myself. I had to make a shingle since one of them disappeared somewhere into the woods. Then I caulked around the nails just for good measure. Since I was up there I decided to also fix the fascia board that had blown off last month or so. That was interesting, considering that's pretty high and my ladder is not that great. I do have a heavier ladder, but it is really too much for me to handle, so I did the next best thing. Drove my truck up next to the house, put the ladder in the truck bed and woolah! presto, worked perfect. Fixed the fascia and the shingles. Now the sun is going down at 3:30, no less! and the day is winding down. Have to think about dinner for the kiddies. I'm having a delish salad with all kinds of goodies in it.Mmmmm

No comments: