Monday, December 17, 2007

book trailer as a creative process

I knew this would be time consuming, but what fun there is in the book trailer creation process. Of course, it can be frustrating too when you're learning a new program, but over the last several days I've really become comfortable with the Windows Movie Maker, and my youngest helped me out with some of the finer points, since he's familiar with the program in his cinematography class.

I scouted 3 days for free royalty free pictures, plus utilized some of my own photos and I'm really happy with the nearly finished results. It is a little longer than some trailers, 2.4 minutes, but I am doing more editing. Yesterday I added text to the movie, and my next step will be adding royalty free sound/sound effects.

The trailer itself is pretty much the way I want it, so when complete and I'm fully happy with it, I will be posting it probably after the holidays.

I love these creative processes, the only thing is the day flies and I look at the clock to suddenly realize it's 2 a.m.

No comments: