Friday, December 7, 2007

when it rains it pours

I'm glad in a way this week is over. It certainly had its good and bad points. I have three boys, two driving, and this week was car repair, new tires, in the shop week. Ugh. Then the brand new furnace loaded up and filled itself totally with black, black soot. They had to remove it and take it to the shop to fix the blasted thing. It's only two months old. As a single woman, just one more challenge in my daily living. I admit to being stressed out but then I got thinking of my friend Marzena who has little or nothing to be cheery about in her life right now, and I realized I was being ridiculous by letting this stuff get me down. Oh, and the other thing yesterday, on top of the car, furnace, etc., my youngest dropped the digital camcorder he'd been using for his cinematography class, and broke the view finder. The camcorder is owned by the school. Zeesh. But all is well, things worked out for the best and somehow we'll figure it out.

The upside to all the work I accomplished in the last two days is, drumroll....I finished the two launch websites for my book, "A Journey Well Taken: Life After Loss. They are not fantastic, but I like them and now I have a half a presence on the web. http://www.onwingspress.com and also http://www.ajourneywelltaken.com They are of course not totally complete, but I am doing research into have a book trailer made so I can upload it UTube, etc., when the time is right.

My brain is frying a bit from all the research I've been doing this week regarding marketing, promotion, etc. My book is with the design company, they are formatting it for the printer, then I have to decide how many copies. After the first of the year I'll obtain a 2008 copyright...right now I have information I downloaded from selfpublishing.com's website regarding the above. What a wonderful place for info on self publishing. I have to prepare galleys for the reviewers I wish to submit, and hope to get decent reviews of my book. I just know it will end up where it is supposed to be.

No comments: