Friday, February 15, 2008

New Book Review Pamela D. Blair

"Elaine Williams has written a deeply personal, yet universally appealing and boldly honest account of the loss of a loved one that will inspire and motivate the reader to grieve and go on -- to not only survive in the face of loss, but ultimately to thrive. I am pleased to highly recommend it."

Pamela D. Blair, co-author I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye: Surviving, Coping and Healing After the Sudden Loss of a Loved One, and
The Next Fifty Years: A Guide for Women at Midlife and Beyond.
http://www.pamblair.com/

3 comments:

Clever Elsie said...

Hi! Thanks for commenting on Singletude.

I read your article "Dating After Loss of a Spouse," and I couldn't agree with you more about the trap of "surface dating," as you called it. So many people would rather date just to date, but I actually feel--harsh as it may sound--that it's a waste of time to spend all those evenings with someone you already know you have no chemistry with. That's precious time you could be spending getting to know the one you'll spend the rest of your life with.

I've never lost a spouse, but I think it's an issue that doesn't receive much attention in the media. The focus is on divorce, but that's a fundamentally different kind of loss. I hope your book will reach its market because I think there are a lot of grieving people who could use that support.

Thanks again for stopping by my blog, and I hope to see you there again. :)

A Journey Well Taken: Life After Loss said...

Hi Clever Elsie: Thanks for visiting. I agree, and I don't think it's harsh to say it's a waste of time to date someone that you know it isn't going to go anywhere. Why waste time? It's different of course if you go out as friends. . .

In my case, and perhaps other widows and widowers, you go out on dates in the beginning (sometimes) because of the deep, deep hole of emptiness inside and what feels like never ending loneliness. I found out (later) it's the worse reason to date. Boy, did I learn a lot about myself. Now, I consider myself stronger and a bit, little bit, wiser.

A Journey Well Taken: Life After Loss said...

"Worst." To me, that sticks out like a sore thumb, and blogger won't let me edit my comment. lol. elaine