Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Grieving Process

I just read another wonderful article at www.widowquest.com regarding about reducing stress at times of grieving. Some of us take longer than others to figure out the grief process. As we know, it's an individual journey, fraught with uncertainty and unknown paths and opportunities. We can fall down and keep feeling sorry for ourselves, or pick ourselves up and try to drag ourselves forward. It's never easy, no matter how you travel or finally get there...there is no end to it, we just learn to adjust, to live, to love again. I've found for myself going deeply into the despair and pain, feeling it, looking at it, letting it have its way for a short time, then letting it go, does me the best good. Again, it's all individual.

2 comments:

K. said...

The best thing I did was to exercise. I started with a daily walk and eventually joined a gym. At the time, the main motivation was to be as healthy as possible for the sake of my boys, but exercising helped immeasurably in the grieving process. =

A Journey Well Taken: Life After Loss said...

HI K: Thanks for visiting! I did the same thing, and it really worked wonders to keep my mind uplifted. I still exercise every day and go to a gym regularly. I also do a lot of hiking and outside activity. elaine