Saturday, February 9, 2008

How Long is Grief?

Anyone who's been through the grief process, especially losing a spouse or child, is not coddling themselves or loving being a victim if it takes them longer than a year or 4 years to get their life back into focus. I am four years into my journey of losing my husband of 20 years. I am proactive, I am 99% healed, I am a visionary and yet I haven't quite got the other 1% yet. I know I will, but I consider myself fortunate to be ahead of the pack in grieving. I choose to forge ahead, but for some the process is slower than others. My 2 cents based on personal experience and speaking with other widows.

2 comments:

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

You know..2 cents may seem like a little to you Elaine but if another widow were to come along and read this..it could prove to be very valuable for them to read.
A little sharing goes a long way!

A Journey Well Taken: Life After Loss said...

Tab: Thank you. Elaine