Friday, March 28, 2008

New State Quarter and Reflection

Today in the mail I received the latest State Quarter, Oklahoma. While he was ill my husband had ordered a 50 US Quarter Dollar Wall Frame and the quarters would arrive regularly when they were issued, in uncirculated condition, and he would place the new quarter in the appropriate slot in the wall frame.

The first time a quarter arrived after he had passed away, (I think it was Alabama) I recall looking at that quarter, wondering if I was supposed to make a payment or notify somebody.

When I called the company they assured me the Wall Frame had been paid in full, and I would keep receiving the quarters on schedule, until all 50 slots were filled. At the time and the six months before my husband's passing, the quarters arrived, but I was so busy seeing to daily life as a caretaker, the quarters melted away somewhere. I never did find them. The company was kind enough to send me replacement quarters for the 4 I could not locate.

Now, just two months shy of four years of my husband's passing, the quarter set is almost complete, and will be finished at the end of this year, 2008. There will be no more quarters arriving.

I'm sure when my husband first ordered this quarter set, he had no thoughts of not being here to see it finished. That's like a lot of stuff in your life, you expect one thing, but something else happens. That's just the way it is. So you adjust, in time, you move ahead, the best you can, and your life goes on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog this morning. I tled me to your blog and I have been reading your posts and letting out some (many) unspent tears.

Bless you.

A Journey Well Taken: Life After Loss said...

Hi Tiff: Thank you for stopping by. Your blog is made up of wonderful pieces of wisdom. elaine