Tuesday, March 11, 2008

New Book Reviews for A Journey Well Taken: Life After Loss by Elaine Williams

I am posting the latest book reviews for "A Journey Well Taken: Life After Loss." Some of them were received via email. At this point I have about 22 positive reviews on the book, which will be available June 2008.

"I enjoyed your book! It's obvious that you're a good writer and it's a heart-felt story."

Diane Brandon
Integrative Intuitive Counselor & Intuition Teacher, Speaker
Author of "Invisible Blueprints: Intuitive Insights for Fulfillment in Life"
www.dianebrandon.com

####
"The book is good and I am sure that it will be quite helpful to early/young widows.

It is also a quick read - which is also a good thing as something complex was certainly beyond me during those early years and I know this is the case for many women. As well, you do catch some of the nuances of widowhood - nuances which can only be brought to light by one who has been there. Best of luck with it."

Mie Elmhirst PCC, MBA, Widow's Life Coach
www.widowsbreathe.com

"I related to so many things you shared in your book. I'm encouraged by how you have uncovered your own inner strength through your journey. I hope and continue to pray that God will reveal his purpose for your life as well as my own. I've been drifting since my husband's death in 2004.

After, 28 years of marriage with my junior high school sweetheart I have felt totally alone and lost even with two grown children and three wonderful granddaughters. One of which was born following my husband's death in 2005 and now carries his name forward. It's just not the same. It was very helpful to know you have walked through the challenges and you are moving forward by taking new steps every day. Blessings to you and thank you for sharing with me. So, many will be blessed and encouraged by reading your book."

Karen White
Widowed 2004

######

"We have some things in common when it comes to the subject of grief and it feels as though I know you after reading 'A Journey Well Taken: Life After Loss'. I admire your willingness to be open and vulnerable -- I've seen pain and loneliness in there too, and you talk about that openly."

Fred Frank, Owner Comfort Music and
www.growingthroughgrief.com

#####

Testimonials Received via email

"I just want to say that I read your excerpts of your story and I found it so touching and inspirational. I found it by accident, as if I was led to it. I lost my husband suddenly and have experienced all that you mention as far as grieving. Just recently my mother was diagnosed with esophagus cancer, and has elected to try radiation. She is a two-time survivor of cancer. So what I've read so far, in your excerpt from your book, is very informative, and so touching. Thank you for sharing it."

Steppingstone

#####

"Thank you so much. . . it helps somehow to know what you're feeling is normal and that you're not alone with those feelings. The more stories I read the more I realize
I'm not going crazy, but that I'm grieving. You have taken so many words right out of my own mouth. Any help on healing is a welcome in my life."

Bonnie S. widow of 3 years

######

"I really enjoyed reading your book. I just wanted you to know I feel some of your pain. Thanks again for writing your book and may God bless you."

Polly R.

######

"Thank you for sharing your story with us. You are very strong and give me courage."

Nicole

######

"I was looking on the web for information to help my mom who was just widowed a month ago. I ran across your story. As I began to read it I got goose bumps. I knew your husband had esophageal cancer as soon as I read about his burping. My dad just lost his battle with that horrid disease. We also tried many alternatives because he also felt he wouldn't survive the traditional approach.

My heart goes out to you. Your husband was way too young to be stricken down by this disease. Your children should have been able to have their dad much longer. He sounded like a good man. I am sorry that you weren't able to grow old together, as I am sure you planned. My dad was 76, full of life, a great husband, father, and grandfather and interested in everything. Even though we know he lived a full life we thought he was too young, but we are all grateful for having had him that long. . . my mom misses him like crazy. Thanks for sharing your story."

Cathy B.

######

"I am a 47 year old woman and just lost my husband 30 days ago today suddenly from cardiac arrest. Finding and reading your excerpt tonight is truly a blessing and has brought me comfort in knowing that I'm not alone. What you've put into words describes so much of what I'm feeling inside. I will look forward to reading more of your journey that is only beginning for me."

Patti W., widowed 1 month

######

"I was very moved by your story. Like you, I also lost my husband suddenly to cancer and believe that although we move on and stay strong for our children, our hearts never really heal. I read the first part of your book to my best friend last night who stood with me and went with me to chemo with my husband. The tears rolled down our faces as we shared in your grief."

Miriam B.

######

"I've just finished reading your story. My Dad, my Mom's partner for 38 years, died. . . the past 2 months have been, as you can imagine, very, very difficult. I was looking online about what a person goes through when they lose their life partner. I want to understand what my Mom is going through that she may not be able to express. I also wanted to find something that would maybe encourage her, and give her hope.

Your story touched me so deeply... It brought me to tears. (I had to close my door and just take the time I needed to read your story in its entirety.) Thank you for taking the time to write your story... Please know you've touched a life today."

Jeanette P."I just want to say that I read your excerpts of your story and I found it so touching and inspirational. I found it by accident, as if I was led to it. I lost my husband suddenly and have experienced all that you mention as far as grieving. Just recently my mother was diagnosed with esophagus cancer, and has elected to try radiation. She is a two-time survivor of cancer. So what I've read so far, in your excerpt from your book, is very informative, and so touching. Thank you for sharing it."

Anon

No comments: