Saturday, March 22, 2008

A Movie Today

I saw a movie today, entitled Wings of Desire. It's the movie that City of Angels was no doubt based upon, where an angel decides to give up his heavenly duties and come to earth to love a mortal. It was better than City of Angels in that it didn't have the typical Hollywood ending, where they feel they have to kill someone off at the end and get the last bit of angst out of the audience. This movie was mostly in subtitles and German, I believe, but nonetheless I found it very intriguing. It began pretty darkly, but ended up much better. At one point the woman the angel falls in love with says she just wants someone to say they love her wonderful today. Some days that's how I feel.

3 comments:

I, Like The View said...

ah! Wim Wenders. . . I saw the original too, many years ago - and then the Hollywood version with (temporary brain misfunction). . .

. . .with that girl who was in When Harry Met Sally and that man who is often a baddy. . .

not sure which I prefer (which version of the film, I mean)

:-)

A Journey Well Taken: Life After Loss said...

It was an interesting movie, considering what hollywood later did to City of Angels. I loved City of Angels but feel they messed up the end.

A Journey Well Taken: Life After Loss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.