Friday, April 25, 2008

Visiting Other Blogs

One practice I've gotten into is visiting other blogs in relation to loss, grief and widows. It's amazing the diversity of thoughts out there, and yet there's always that common thread, loss of a loved one. There is such a wide range of emotion in the grief process, and yet many of us share the most basic reaction to death; feelings of despair, perhaps abandonment -- and the mindset that life will never be the same again.

One thing that has been brought home to me is that every new day can present a unique set of circumstances. How we react in our daily life shape us -- but only as long as we allow it to. We can integrate change any time we wish, sometimes slow, sometimes not. No one should ever expect a grieving individual to forget the past. Our past, our relationships, made us who we are. Just because we are able to have joy again in our lives doesn't diminish the anguish and pain that we once felt so keenly.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there, your blog is wonderful...a true reflection of this journey. A life lived in sharp divide...before and after.

I like to visit other blogs, too. Although each experience is unique, there are common threads, echoes of my own experience in so many places. A sense of resonance, a recognition of something familiar. And for just that moment, I am less alone.

You can visit my blog at www.daveshell.blogspot.com

A Journey Well Taken: Life After Loss said...

Hi Shelley: Thanks for stopping by and posting. Your blog is great, and one of the reasons I love to read other people's thoughts on this grieving process. Best to you. Elaine

Pauline said...

Elaine,
Thanks for reading my post about grief and commenting on it. How did you find it? I've been reading through your blog - you are indeed moving forward.

Pauline

A Journey Well Taken: Life After Loss said...

Hi Pauline: Thanks for reciprocating...I use google alerts to pick up links to other intersting blogs. elaine