Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Dying with Dignity

I read a post today about Washington state trying to pass a law so the terminally ill can die with dignity. I know if something like this had been available in New York State, my husband would have taken advantage of this means of dying with dignity. The State of Oregon already has this type of help available for terminally ill patients, as do a few European countries. Perhaps this is something no one thinks about until it strikes home, I know I never gave it a thought, I had no occasion to until my husband became ill and suffered so much. There are of course people on both sides of the argument, but again, it is a deeply personal decision, and not one that should be made by a court or strangers at the end of life. You can decide for yourself. http://www.yeson1000.org

No comments: