Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Glass Class at Corning Glass Studio

I had a great time over the weekend, I went to Corning Glass Studio in Corning, NY and took a flameworking class. My intent was to see how much of a learning curve there is in creating glass art, and after 12 hours of instruction I am convinced I have barely (pun) scratched the surface of what you can do with a glass rod and a torch. My intent also is to begin a new business for myself, creating memorial glass for bereavement/grief gifts. Such beautiful art work, and glass creating is an art all by itself. So, a new venture to sink my teeth into, though it will probably be something left for next fall, during my slow time of year. I plan to take at least one more class before then, another flameworking class, but a bit more advanced. It’s almost an addiction, the thought of creating a new form of art. It’s something I’ve never really dabbled in before.

No comments: