Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Books Arrived Today

I had an uncanny moment, an emotional moment when my books arrived in three crates. I opened the top one because it had a big dent in the bottom. Well, as it turns out there was padding in the dented corner, so no books were damaged. When I lifted the first one out, looked at its glossy cover, I felt a tingle go up the back of my neck. I felt quite emotional to finally hold this book, "A Journey Well Taken: Life After Loss" in my hands. The completed project. It felt good, the beginning or perhaps the middle of this entire process. A sorrowful but joyful one. Contrary emotions, but moving forward nonetheless. I'm always intent on moving forward. I am so fortunate in my life, my relationships, my experiences. I thank the higher powers everyday for all I have.

3 comments:

CB said...

I've somehow or other just stumbled upon your site, must be your marketing efforts! I need to spend much more time on it but it seems a wealth of information and thoughts. I have two friends to pass it on to. Congratulations on completing your book and being published! I, too, am a widow. We could probably learn alot from each other. I've written some at : lessonsfromlou.blogspot.com

am looking forward to reading more of your work!
Cathyb
www.lessonsfromlou.blogspot.com

A Journey Well Taken: Life After Loss said...

Hi Cathy: Thank you for taking the time to post. I have looked through your blog and we seem to have so much in common. I too will read through it more today. Best of luck to you. elaine

Maryannwrites said...

Elaine, many congrats on your book. I LOVE the cover. I read the first few pages and it is nicely done. Maybe we can guest blog on each other's blog and help promote both our books.

I will definitely come back and read more of your blogs.