Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Depression and Loss

There seems to be a lot of notice being given to depression on the internet, some of them through different professional articles. I would caution that feeling 'depressed' due to loss of a loved one, is different from other forms of depression. For some, getting through the grief process can take time. It is a process unique to each individual and not to be rushed. However, having said that, there is nothing wrong with getting help to get through the rough spots in life. Sometimes we need a little something more than what we can do for ourselves. Sometimes all we need is an ear or a shoulder, so don't be afraid to seek professional help, if life is getting you down.

I've also been exploring other healing methods, and I'm currently working with Janet Greene of Greene's Release at http://www.greenesrelease.com/"> to explore her method of healing ourselves and finding the real you. It involves methods to heal through traumas and loss that have occurred in each of our lives. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Howdy Elaine ... thanks for visiting my blog. I get a lot of my emotions "out" by blogging them ... thinking and feeling and then typing. The process helps me. Plus I want my family and friends to know that mourning for my husband is not over - my loss is too great for that. It DOES take time ,,, for me. In my family, we hush hush about death and dying and grief. I want to blog the heck out of it so people know. We do not need to be afraid of death and dying and grief. Just have to be prepared and to live it out for ourselves in our own way.

Good luck with your book!

A Journey Well Taken: Life After Loss said...

Hi Richard, thanks for stopping by. You have a wonderful blog, and yes, I agree blogging about the grief experience is a good way to get some of the emotion out, and also educate others on the journey.