Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Change of Pace

Recently I went to visit my oldest son in Maryland. We had a wonderful time, when the weather finally cooperated we walked around the inner harbor and through festivals and events they had going on throughout the city. It was a great time and nice to catch up with my son. I was a little nervous just before I flew, as I always get that way just before I get on the plane. I don't fly enough to be comfortable with it. My son also drove us to Annapolis and we walked around that historic and very beautiful town. It kind of reminded me of the narrow, one way streets of Marblehead, Mass, a small coastal town I lived in back in 1978.

I am going on a writing retreat next month to a lovely beach house in North Carolina. I am very excited about that. I'm meeting two friends there that I met last year at another writer's retreat in South Carolina. Kim is flying in from Iowa and Anna is driving up from Georgia. It should be so cool. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate and be warm, sunny and no tantrums. I'm working on a new story and intend to get a good head start. I really get a lot of inspiration being by water.

No comments: