Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Another lovely day by the Sea


I usually take a short vacation after working all summer in the heat. It's the best time of year, the Fall, as far as I'm concerned, to be by the sea. I love the sounds, smells and charm of the ocean. It just pulls me back every time. This year I got together with two writing friends I met by the sea last year, but a little further south. We decided to hang out for a week at this quaint little home on the ocean, so close to the waves the first night it was a bit intimidating to see them crashing just below my balcony. Oh, but to fall asleep each night with the sound of the ocean, there's nothing like it.

I spoke with my kids today and apparently there was 8" of snow with another foot or so expected before tomorrow. Brr. It's early for that, not even Halloween. So I sit here typing and writing and looking out my balcony at the cloud studded sky, and I'm thankful for what and who I have in my life. It's absolutely perfect.

No comments: