Sunday, September 21, 2008

Seeing the Other Side of the Coin

Today my youngest looked over at me and asked me why I was different than other mothers. Curiously, I asked him in what way. He replied that I come up with some pretty strange and different stuff and he didn't know any other mother who would do that. I laughed and made a freakishly stupid face, almost automatically. He laughed too, and said, "yeah, stuff like that." (Or maybe he meant when he used to get off the bus and we'd run toward each other and belly bump. Or when we walked up the road and he was going on one hundred pounds and I'd offer to carry him on my back. Or maybe it was just me coming into the woods with him and hauling out firewood blocks because I didn't want him in the woods by himself).

Well, I told him, (unconcerned to look silly in front of my kids), it keeps life interesting. He agreed and said it was never boring. Coming from a sixteen year old, that is certainly a compliment. It quite made my day and I thanked him.

No comments: