Wednesday, September 3, 2008

5 Star Review by Midwest Book Review

5 Stars
A story that the recently widowed will take comfort in reading. September 2, 2008
By Midwest Book Review (Oregon, WI USA) -

"To love someone unconditionally for over twenty years and then have them snatched away, this one of the most heartbreaking experiences life can impose upon any of us. "A Journey Well Taken: Life After Loss" is Elaine William's reflections of her life after dealing with the death of her husbands. She deals with widowhood at a relatively young age and dealing with it through her writing, where she has done quite a few works from fiction to non-fiction to screenplays. Deftly written with an engaging sensitivity and candor, "A Journey Well Taken" is a story that the recently widowed will take comfort in reading."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elaine, based on what I read of your book excerpt on this site, this glowing review is much deserved. Having lost my first husband to colon cancer just before my 47th birthday, I certainly related to the story you share in "A Journey Well Taken". The thought of going through this loss with three children seems overwhelming; on the other hand, you have your husband's legacy in them.

This October 1st was the fifth anniversary of my husband's death, and I commemorated that day by posting an article called "Widow's Anniversary" on my blog. I hope you'll have the time to read it and comment.

God bless us.

Diane L. Harris
http://www.steppingintothelight.net

A Journey Well Taken: Life After Loss said...

Diane, thank you for stopping by and commenting. A grief shared is a strengthening of those involved. I visited your wonderful, insightful blog also.