Sunday, August 10, 2008

Living Fully

Life is certainly different after loss, and it's true we don't have a clue how it will turn out. I've changed in so many ways, grown stronger as new experiences have reshaped my life today. I try to remain open to living, and I am at a different place than I ever might have imagined. My life and interests have branched off on a totally different course than if my husband had lived. And at this time, 4 years later, I know life, despite everything, is good for me.

It has become vitally important for me to do the things I enjoy, even start new interests that I've always wanted to try. I've reshaped my life socially, because relationship dynamics change when you're no longer part of a couple. But all in all, I have grown and become empowered through this process. And grief is an ongoing process. It's so important not to shut down or get stuck in anger or bitterness. We can't allow ourselves to spin in place very long and remain stuck looking back at what we had and what might have been. Life is for living and I intend to live my share and perhaps a bit more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elaine,

Thank you for reading my blog, and commenting. I appreciate your feedback. I am always eagar to hear or read from a fellow widow, the struggles and triumphs they face and have conquered.

As you can probably tell, I'm really new at this. Some of the things I write are very raw and emotional, while others are clearly written with a different mindset.

Anyway, thank you for your comments. Your insight is much appreciated.

A Journey Well Taken: Life After Loss said...

Hi Maria: I found your writings very valuable, as will others. Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to post. Elaine