Sunday, December 9, 2007

Saturday night at the movies and Facebook

I've been waiting to see The Golden Compass. A friend and I went last night and the movie was fabulous, right up to the last two minutes. I admit I do not like movies that leave you with a lot of questions, and that's what happened in the obvious attempt to set the movie up for the sequel. I understand it's a series of books the movie is based on, but they could have smoothed the ending out a little so you didn't feel like you'd been left hanging.

I'm now on facebook.com. I have discovered its potential as a marketing tool, in connecting with others in the writing industry. Once I started navigating through their site and saw all the available information via other companies and individuals, I got kind of hooked. My acccount is onwingspress and you have to be a member or be signed in to view anyone's info.

I found this out while reading selfpublishing.com's info in their recent newsletter about facebook's potential for networking, etc. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=831146796 this link will take you to my profile but again, you have to be logged into facebook.

My next challenge is setting up a similiar site on myspace.com. :-) Off to the gym right now.

No comments: